Available for weekly or shorter hire
Size approx. 5.5m x 5.75m
A handsome late Georgian room with a view of St Michaels Church. It is in a sunny spot on the south-west corner of the building, looking down Church Street.
It is a prominent spot on the street, but slightly elevated above it. There are blinds (if privacy is wanted).
Available for short hire. The furniture can be reshuffled or with prior arrangement can be removed for longer bookings.
The room has its own Instagram account to publicise what’s going on there and gives a good idea of how it works, especially as a gallery/ pop-up space:
Potential uses (not exhaustive!):
- Exhibitions or Pop-up events – there is a flexible well-lit picture hanging system
- Meetings – comfortably maximum 12-15 people if seated in a circle or rows – or 8-12 around a central table. For smaller meetings one table can be moved to the side. It works very comfortably for small meetings also.
- Dining/Private events – if catering is needed arrangements should be booked through the Common Room. There is an interconnecting door to the café with is normally kept locked but can be opened.
- Life Drawing or Other Classes.
- The room can also potentially be hired in conjunction with the adjacent gallery space.
via the courtyard entrance – there is a step-free route.
there is access to tea-making facilities in a ground floor kitchenette, and there is an accessible ground floor WC. Parking is not available except by prior arrangement.
Anticipated Sessions and Costs
Our provisional idea is to keep Mondays free as a day for short bookings i.e. morning, afternoon or evening and so whole day or weekly bookings will normally run Tuesday-Sunday which might work well for exhibitions and courses. But we aren’t sure on the balance of need in the community – so there will be a bit of trial and error.
9.30am-1pm / 1.30-5pm / 5.30-9pm – each 3.5hrs
Session cost: £35 (i.e. £10/hr)
Single day booking including evening: £95
Weekly cost 6 days Tuesday – Sunday: £400 p/w
No VAT in/on the above. Please email us if you are interested in booking
- Well-lit space with picture hanging system
- Perfect for meetings, drawing classes and group work
- Step-free access
- Works as a private dining room e.g. for small parties catered by The Common Room